We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A genius "Bread Buddy" dispenser so you can save yourself from throwing out stale bread with a sleek container that not only locks in freshness, but also protects your loaf from getting squished in the pantry.
Promising review: "The Buddeez Sandwich Bread Dispenser is great! It does exactly what it was intended for. I live alone and I don't quite go through bread often enough before the last quarter section of the loaf starts to go stale. I was originally looking for something to put a loaf of bread in as a shell for my vacuum sealer, that would keep the bread from getting crushed from the pressure. This dispenser solved all of my problems. Thank you!" —DRMcQuaig
Get it from Amazon for $12.30+ (also available in red).
2. These produce-saver containers save you money (and unnecessary trips to the grocery store) by keeping produce fresher for longer with ~mystical~ ventilation technology.
These containers help keep your produce fresh by keeping moisture away. And they're designed with a special vent filter, which you never have to replace, to regulate the carbon dioxide and oxygen flow to your produce.
Promising review: "These are great. My vegetables stay fresh so much longer. No more throwing away food and wasting money." —Cindys27
Get a four-piece set from Amazon for $13.49.
3. Or a money-saving Bluapple freshness ball for extending the life of fruits and vegetables by just existing in proximity to your produce.
Just refill the Bluapple with a new packet every three months. Refill kits available.
Promising review: "These do seem to work, extending the life of my fruits and vegetables up to a week longer. Change the packet inside on schedule. I shake them occasionally and make sure that no produce is covering the top holes. I bought more for family/friends when I told them about it. No food is more expensive than that which you throw away (thanks, Mom)." —ttmadison
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $13.99.
4. A stainless-steel pasta measuring tool because how many times have you mistakenly cooked way more noodles than you could possibly eat in one sitting? This makes it easy to portion out just the right amount, so there's no leftover spaghetti slowly spoiling in your fridge.
5. A set of herb saver pods that preserve and protect fresh herbs from becoming a squished, browning mess in the back of your fridge for up to three weeks! The pods store well in the fridge door and simply need to be refreshed with water in the attached reservoir every three to five days.
Prepara is a small business creating high-quality food prep tools that are supremely functional to help you enjoy your time in the kitchen.
Promising review: "This really works so great. I keep my mint leaves in here and it really does keep them fresh for about three weeks. Just switch out the water every 3–4 days. Everyone is so intrigued when they see this in my fridge. You should definitely purchase this." —Shaney
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $33.38 (also available individually).
6. A set of reusable soda can covers if it pains you to dump half-full drinks or letting fizzy drinks go flat. These covers create an airtight seal so you can prevent flies, bees, and other sugar-hunting fiends from flying into your drink when you're sitting outside.
Promising review: "I was pleasantly surprised with this purchase! I originally purchased because I am afraid of bees getting into my soda can while I’m outside. I didn’t know that it would also keep my soda airtight and leakproof — such an awesome bonus! I love that it came in a six-pack. I keep one in my purse for on the go!" —Carley Lesinski
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $12.50.
7. A pack of Shark Tank-approved miniature spatulas so you can make your money go farther by scooping every 👏 last 👏 drop 👏 out of your condiment bottles.
Spatty is a woman-owned small business founded by Cheryl Rigdon. She dreamed up the invention in response to frustration over not being able to get every last ounce of product out of her purchases, and then landed a deal with the Sharks on Shark Tank.
The set comes with one spatula with a 6-inch handle, and another with a 12-inch handle.
Promising review: "I love being able to scrape every last bit out of any food container. So far, I've only used the larger of the two. It's the perfect size for any narrow mouthed jar. I'm sure I've already recouped the money it cost to buy it by not wasting the remaining mayo in the squeeze bottle." —msjulia
Get a set of two from Amazon for $9.99.
8. A set of silicone food savers to help preserve your produce when the recipe only calls for half an onion. Now you can easily save the other half without wasting plastic wrap only to have it get all weird and hard in your fridge, anyway.
Food Huggers is a woman-owned small biz founded by two friends trying to cut down on both food and plastic waste in the kitchen.
Promising review: "This product is very easy to clean and I was surprised that it actually worked on a cut tomato! I was afraid that it would squish the tomato since the product is rather thick, but it worked beautifully. I will be using the other sizes as they are needed, but one thing I do really like is that storage for these 'keepers' takes so little room in my cabinets!" —DHW698
Get a five-piece set from Amazon for $16.99 (available in five color combos).
9. Plus, a reusable avocado saver because you rarely use the whole thing in one go and storing these fickle fruits without nearly instant browning is a shockingly tall task. This stretch pod is the solution, and is safe to toss in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
Promising review: "This avocado storage container is wonderful! I eat avocado toast every morning for breakfast but only need half at a time. This container helps keep the other half of my avocado perfect for tomorrow's breakfast. It is also extremely easy to clean as I just throw it through the dishwasher. I couldn't live without this product!" —Melissa Biver
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
10. And the revolutionary Guac-Lock if you're tired of the disappointment that comes when you grab some chips only to realize the guac you enjoyed just two days before has already turned that ~appetizing~ shade of brown.
Promising review: "Rarely do I buy something that delivers 100% of what they claim it will. I'm happy to report that this completely lived up to my expectations. Truth be told, it works even better than I expected it to. I made a batch of guac a week ago. Two or three times during the week, I unlocked it, dipped a chip or two and then re-locked it. After a week, the guacamole is as fresh as if I made it this morning. I typically make a batch of guac each week and use it as a snack or as a spread on sandwiches. I also typically throw out one-third of the batch because it spoils before we can eat it. Not any more. I estimate the food I'm not wasting will actually pay for the Guac-Lock in about a month." —mhogan
Get it on Amazon for $22.40.
11. A mini bag sealer for pretending you never even opened that bag of potato chips (if you ignore the fact that half of them are gone). This double-sided device cuts and reseals sandwich and snack bags so your food stays fresh for longer.
My genius mother got me one of these as a stocking stuffer for Christmas, and it really was the gadget I didn't know I needed. I've since had less disappointing moments of finding chips in the pantry only to have them be stale. Plus, it's kinda delightful watching the bags reseal like magic with just an itty bit of heat.
Promising review: "I loved the idea of this from the moment I saw it and it totally lived up to the hype! I also really like the idea of the hooks on the top of the unit. Put a hook on the inside of a cabinet door (below the sink is where I have mine) and it’s easy to grab and use. Genius!" —CardsGrl
Get a set of two from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in three colors).
12. An automatic vacuum sealer because I've never met a single soul who likes the taste of freezer burn, and this device makes it possible to keep food fresh for up to five times longer than regular plastic bags or containers.
The full starter set includes the vacuum sealer, air suction hose, a wine stopper cork, five medium vacuum bags (7.8 inches x 11.8 inches) and one extra-long vacuum bag roll (7.8 inches x 79 inches), both of which are waterproof and reusable.
Promising review: "Just received this beautiful little machine. Looks awesome and very elegant. Like a kid, I had to try it out at least once just to see how it worked...and it was easy peasy! Can't wait to use it for 'real' after we go grocery shopping; we use a vacuum sealer to save our meat products when we find them at a good sale price. Love the look and ease of use on this vacuum sealer!" —BilltheB
Get it from Amazon for $49.99+ (available in four colors).
13. A set of magnetic spice jars with stick-on labels if you have a bad habit of letting spices lie in wait at the back of the cabinet until they either go bad or you mistakenly buy duplicates. Now you can take full stock of your supply at a glance.
You'll get 12 tins, a magnetic conversion chart, and two kinds of pre-printed labels (113 clear labels and 126 chalkboard-style labels).
Promising review: "My family cooks a lot and we had two drawers jammed full of spices and it was always a pain to find them. These magnetic spice tins are amazing. We have them stuck to the side of our fridge and it's such a nice, colorful, off-the-counter way to store them. I don't have to dig through drawers anymore to find what I'm looking for, and it makes me remember that we have spices when I'm cooking something without a specific recipe. We started out by ordering two sets, and just purchased a third. They are high-quality, visually appealing, and just all-around awesome." —Anne Saulnier
Get a pack of 12 from Amazon for $18.99.
14. A Shark Tank-approved Souper Cubes freezer tray so you can freeze and reheat soup or sauce without defrosting an entire container and committing to soup for every meal so it doesn't go to waste. The included lids make these trays stackable so freezer organization is a breeze even if you're short on space.
Souper Cubes is a family-run small business with a passion for better frozen meal prep and food waste reduction! Plus, their products are BPA-free, dishwasher-safe, and it have fill lines on the side of the compartments for half and full cups.
Each cube holds one serving, or one cup, of soup or sauce!
Promising review: "LOVE LOVE LOVE. My freezer is so much more organized now. Gone are the days of having to defrost an entire bag of chicken broth for one cup for a recipe. I now have perfectly portioned 1/2-cup and 1-cup blocks ready to go. They fit easily in freezer bags, take up less space, and make me incredibly happy. There was a lot of attention to detail put into the design and I particularly appreciate the wire inside the rim that holds everything steady — no more worrying about spilling all the liquid on the way to the freezer. Just a fantastic product all around. I purchased this and a cheaper version from another manufacturer at the same time but returned the other product. This one is definitely worth the added cost." —Kate
Get it from Amazon for $19.95.
15. A terra-cotta sugar saver bear to turn your hard-as-rock clump of brown sugar into a soft pile of ready-to-use sweetness (and keep it that way).
Just soak it in water for 20 minutes and place it in your sugar to soften and maintain moisture for approximately three to six months.
Promising review: "I was nervous to try them in case they were a waste of money. Yesterday, I followed the directions, i.e. soaked them in water for 20 minutes, then plopped one each in containers of hard-as-concrete dark brown sugar and one of light brown sugar. I didn't dry them, just dropped them in on top. So today, I took the containers down and looked, and each container of formerly concrete-hard sugar was easy to measure out, no lumps, it's a miracle!" —NGS
Get two from Amazon for $8.49.
16. A 15-piece set of airtight dry food containers for bringing a little organized calm to your pantry, while keeping food fresher for longer. You've let one too many boxes of cereal go stale — it's time to break the cycle.
This set includes one tall container, four large, six medium, and four small containers.
Promising review: "I ordered this set to continue on the road to an organized pantry. There are enough containers and enough variety of sizes to make me happy. I have stored pastas and noodles, dried beans, rice, sugar, instant mashed potatoes, crackers, etc. When I open a box of something, I put whatever is unused into one of the containers and feel very secure that the contents will be fresh and protected from any possible insect problem." —R M
Get it from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in three colors).
17. Plus, a set of grocery organizers because the current chaotic nature of your fridge makes it a little too easy to forget what's in there, resulting in spoiled food and wasted money.
The set of six includes five drawers with built-in handles and an egg tray with 14 slots.
Promising review: "My refrigerator and shelves are organized for the first time ever! I can just pull out a container and get what I need instead of having to move things all around to reach something in the back of a shelf." —..
Get a set of six from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in five colors).
18. A Ninja personal blender that's perfect for transforming too-tart fruits and wilted veggies that you'd rather not eat raw into delicious jams, dips salsas, smoothies, and a whole lot more.
The set includes a 700-watt motor base and blades, two 16-oz. Nutri Ninja single-serve cups, two spout lids, and a 50-recipe inspiration guide.
Promising review: "Love this blender. It's fast and easy to make all sorts of things. I use it for everything: protein shakes, pesto, sauces, etc., and it take two minutes to clean. Highly recommend." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $62.05.
19. These wax paper cheese storage bags so you can give your gouda, brie, and mozzarella the all-star treatment such delicacies deserve, with paper storage that allows your cheese to breathe while retaining the humidity required to prevent those dried-out edges.
Formaticum is a small business with a big passion for cheese. Founded in 2006, the brand creates knives, storage solutions, and more accessories to enhance your cheese experience.
Promising review: "I was skeptical of the claim that this would keep cheese fresh long. After all, it’s just a bag. But, they really, really work. I throw out so much less cheese. A true value." —Carol
Get a 15-pack from Amazon for $15.
20. An EveryPlate meal subscription to cut out grocery shopping and food waste in one go by delivering all the pre-portioned ingredients necessary to prepare well-balanced meals that can be ready to eat in around 30 minutes.
Planning meals and going to the grocery store is the actual bane of my existence. The fact that EveryPlate sends me everything I need at a very affordable price is such a weight lifted off my shoulders! I've been using the service fairly regularly for over three years and its helped me learn new cooking techniques, order less takeout, and reduce food waste, because I don't get saddled with a whole bundle of green onions just for one lousy recipe. And lately, it's been a really easy way to eat more creative meat-free meals, because of their increasing (and delicious) vegetarian options.
Sign up for EveryPlate for $4.99/serving.